Here's an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
Alright IÂ’m hopping this will be just as easyÂ….if you wanted to build a server and not

just any server probably one of the biggest baldest servers out there where would you start and

what kind of cooling methods would you use IÂ’m thinking either water cooling or
liquid nitrogen for 24 hour use anyways but IÂ’ve been thinking a lot lately about building

a really bad ass server and then getting a pipeline any suggestions?

Note: Sad thing is IÂ’ve built tons of computers and fixed tons of them but I have never once built a bad ass server.

" Liquid Nitrogen' wow that is unstable for hardware. ok well Server i was planning on making a server myself it seem anything can work for a server if you what a badass one. Make a badass gaming computer and turn it into a Server.

I suppose I could do that but I was really hopping there would be things out there just for servers I plan on makeÂ’n it for games I also called around and looked around where I live

I already know people for pipelines problem is I found out they are $$$$$ that alone will

suck you dry probably but that doesnÂ’t matter I still want to do it IÂ’ll spend all my money every month if I have to so I want the best of the best what about dual cores you think

those would be really good for servers? And I was thinking about cases for them and the cooling methods so I take it those will have to be the normal?

dual cores yes. I mea a true server pretty much has xeon 2 cpus on a server mobo. THats a true server, but me i would if i had the money get a dual core instead of a xeon and ther server mobo and stuff.

Ok then thanks for the help this is a start. Guess now itÂ’s all up to my credit card and how

Long FedEx takes to deliver it :) thanks again.

omfg.. he's not even active anymore... people should start getting Infractions for bumping way old threads

There seems to be a phenomenon of people necroposting right now... it isn't just one guy anymore either. Wth?

Oh and by the way I think you'd have to be a complete moron to spend your entire paycheck each month for a pipeline just for the **** of it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom