Drives....

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
I'm new to computers and I need some help choosing the cd and dvd drives for my new build.

Should I get a duel layer drive? Not sure what makes those different/better than single layer.

Should I get a combo drive? I know I want to have dvd-rom, cd-rom, cd-r, and cd-rw. Should I get those in one combo drive or in a couple different drives.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

get a dual layer, its the best thiong to get helps for big 1GB files and stuff. DVD DUAL Layer is waht you want it comes with cd burner rom dvd rom all foe less then 50 bucks i had seen on in newegg.com for 40 bucks.

Cool, so buying an expensive Plextor drive that costs like $125 isn't necessary then?

i bought a dvd burner from sony, DRU-800. its been working like a charm. i got it at over $100. but there are less expensive dual layers burners out there for less. it just depends on whats avaible and how much you would spend. plextor i find has a reliable parts but they can be pricey too.

lol thats the same one im getting dude its good and the price is right. so if it does ever break and stuff at least you can say you didnt waste 100 bucks on it. price is good and overall it gets the job done.

Oh yeah the NEC-3540A is what I have. It's very good, I highly reccomend it.

16x dual layer dvd burner about 60$ at newegg.
52x cd burner dvd reader about 60$ also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom