2 or more OS' at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can multiboot pretty much anything. But if i understand correctly you want to run the OS simotaniously. If that is the case you cant do it unless you use a Virtual software like Vittual PC or VMWare. But if you dont mind restarting and then choosing a different OS then yes you can run 2 or even 3 OS's.

yeah i want to be able to choose which OS to boot on startup. that would be freekin awsome. i'd like to do windows xp pro and a verson of linux if its possible.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
yeah i want to be able to choose which OS to boot on startup. that would be freekin awsome. i'd like to do windows xp pro and a verson of linux if its possible.

yup, just remember to install windows first and linux second, as windows boot manager doesn't work well with other OS..

GuitarFreak1857 said:

yu can do it this way with window and vista. put your OS cd in while you are already on 1 OS (xp probably). don't pick upgrade, pick new installation. somewhere you will see expert or advance install. pick it. Choose the " I will pick the partition to install to option" later on pick an empty partition to install to

ok but, would it be really a good idea to do linux and windows? would it be worth the time and money? what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom