How can you add fans if the front is covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
Is it possible to add fans to a case that has a front cover? Most fans have the front panel covered, so I don't know how so many people can add front fans. Do you break it off or something :eek:

You have to take that front panel off. Its seems to me that its usually more work than its worth, unless your haveing major heat issues. But the front panel should be attached by little tabs that you have to pinch in to pull off. Something like this picture.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showi...ase+420watts+PS2+ATX12V+Power+Supply+-+Retail

See those black tabs on the side of the case near the top and middle. Those are usually what holds the face on. Be careful though, those tabs do break easily.

There is usually three or four of those tabs on the inside of the chassis that you can simply bend out slightly. It is not difficult at all, you just have to have your CD rom drive(s) out (the faceplate prohibits the front panel cover from comming over the CD rom) and it comes right off. It really is no biggie, I take mine off all the time. As a matter of fact, it is off right now.

my cases front panel is just on hinges....you open the door wide open then lift up on it and it slides right out....I took my front panel off because it looked stupid for one, and two it would annoy me to open a stupid door just to turn a fan controller knob or put in a CD

So, if you want fans at the front of the case, they're not going to be asthetically pleasing? (AKA: They won't exactly look good?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom