Good priced Dell XPS laptop, but is there cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominican2589

Baseband Member
Ok, i want to take this oppertunity of getting a Dell XPS laptop due to the fact that i can get 40%. I would like to know if I can get a cheaper laptop than this with these or better specs(nothing lower)

* Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 (2 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
* Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
* 17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
* 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz 2 Dimm
* 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6800 Ultra
* 60GB Hard Drive
* Integrated 1 Gigabit Network Card and Modem
* 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive
* FREE! Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)(THIS IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT)
* 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery (80 WHr)
* 90-day warranty

and i get a free printer.

Now all of this comes out to being $1,951.17 with tax and shipping. Is there something cheaper out there? I also pay no intrest till 2007.

And what would be better a 100gb harrdrive or 1gb of ram? A 512mb of ram to 1gb of ram update cost $250 while the harddrive update from 60gb to 100gb is only $100. If i get the bigger harddrive and 512mb ram, it cost $1,855.13 WHich is better to get?

1GB is better, which is why its more expensive. While I can't say I (or anyone else on these forums) like Dell PCs, I suppose if you need it enough, you should get it. Try other companies if you have time or care enough, but this seems ok.

BTW: What are you using this for? And do you need a laptop or would a Desktop be fine?

You pretty much have no choice when it comes to buying a laptop. Its a big company like Dell,etc, or the highway.

I am very happy with my Dell Inspiron 9100. (Same as the older XPS models)

get a mac. seriously. you can get an iBook for 999 and its got everything u really need. you can save a lot. but if u want this for gaming i guess you should get a PC but for gaming i would generally say get a desktop.

ok so i guess i'll go with the 512mb ram and 100gb hdd and then upgrade later on to 1gb ram. But one question, does it come with just one stick of 512mb ram or two 256mb ram? So in other words are both slots occupied or is one still free?

What I was trying to say is add the 512mb of third party memory to the 512mb that is already in there. Just do a google search and you can find if it comes with two 256mb or 1 512mb. Hopefully it is a single stick of 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom