Greatest Technological Advancement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law said:
The Internet

I have to say maybe broadband internet connections...if it wasn't the biggest, it was one of them. Look at the advancement, you went from average 28.8Kbps (only lucky ones got 56K), dropped connections continuously, busy phone lines, buggy AOL software...to 3Mbps+ always on connections offering greater-than-T1 speeds for only a fraction of the price. Now our connections at home are better than what many businesses have! Its a complete shame that a majority of Americans choose to stick with dialup when they have such a technolgical advancement at their fingertips.

The only thing I like about dial-up was when I was on AOL, I made alot of friend since most of the people in my area all use it. Now I'm on cable but still keeping in contact through AIM. I agree, we have made alot of progress through the years from dial up to broadband. You have to remember beedubaya, most area in the United State don't have broadband and because dial-up is cheap and widely available; thats why most people are still on dial-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom