recording music

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
I have a lot of cassettes that I want to burn to cd's. I have a line in to my sound card and can record direct from the cassette. My problem is the sound on the cd's is fuzzy sounding when I play them. I have just done a few for practice before I really get into it. My question, is this normally a hardware problem, software problem, or maybe just a me problem not knowing just how to set it up? Any help would gladly be accepted.
Thanks

how "fuzzy" does it sound? radio quality wise?

i dont think you can get a definite cd quality sound recording from a cassette. ive tried doing that myself, and ive had trouble getting the sound quality as high as possible.

I used to do that quite some time back .. Firstly try using a better player for playing the tapes .. Also use something like godwave to reduce the noise levels etc.. This should definately help u get better quality

The player I am using is a very good one. It is hooked to a sound system that my wife uses, she sings at local churchs. I was just wondering if maybe my sound card would give the quality sound that I need. I reduced the recording volume and that helped but not near enough. Is there some piece of equipment made that will copy direct from the cassette to a cd? The music parts sounds good but it is the voices that have a fuzzy sound. They are OK until I turn the volume up a little. They are sound tracks that she uses.

if you have fuzzy noise you may try muting the cd-rom drive
(just a thought)
I have had strage background noise from a CD-ROM

The fuzzy noise is when I play it in my player. It does it also on my computer but that part does not worry me. It really is bad when I play it on my stero or the sound equipment.

U haven't mentioned the sound card ur using .. Is it an old one .. Also ..have u changed the recording quality setting in the control panel.
Also what software r u using for recording ??
BTW .. did u try it out with Goldwave ..??

Realtek AC97 Audio The computer is 1 month old. I don't think I have heard of goldwave.

That's a fairly new sound chipset .. n' it's onboard .. So it might not be ur sound card's problem ..
Do u have any problems when u playback any normal mp3 or audio cd ..??

U can download goldwave from http://www.goldwave.com/release.html
Just give it a shot .. Also u haven't told what software ur using currently

Downloading Goldwave now. Have not had any problems playing anything but the ones that I recorded. I have recorded several other cd's without any problems. I was using musicmatch jukebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom