compare pentium 4 with celeron D 330

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekeman

Beta member
For the lay person (me), could you please give the performance difference between the Pentium 4 and Celeron D 330, each having a 2+ GHz , 533 MHz FSB. What is this mumbojumbo?
Thanks in advance for your "dummies" type response.

Basically the Celeron does not perform as good as a p4. Hence the reason why it is cheaper. That is as dumb as it can get. lol

here is the real reason.

The Celerons are based off the same architecture, but they are crippled in the l2 cache area.

I mean, if I am using it for spreadsheets, email and occasionally downloading music or movies, what are the comparitive times involved, say, for example how long would it take to download a movie or a song. And finally, is a computer with the Celeron upgradable to the P4 and for how much?

Okay lets see here...As far as the download that depends on your internet connection nothing ot do with your processor. A computer that is a Celeron and swapping to Pentium...I have never heard of that. I believe that they have different pin sets so that makes it impossible but i dont remember off hand.

Celerons and their big brother the P4's use the same sockets.

If you have a northwood based celeron, it is 478.
If you have a prescott based celeron, either 478, or LGA775.

I had a soc 478 Celeron 1.7ghz, I figured it was a celeron d. Apparently it had a Willamette core and was not a celeron d. I bought a board that said on the box 478, that was it. Nothing stating it had to be at least a 2.8 or anything so I thought it would work, I was wrong. I'd of had to buy an older 478 board to get the support.
Celerons use the same pins now, their swappable.
Weren't the pentium 3 cpu's 370 pins along with the celeron 370. But I know what you meant.
Celerons use the same pins, their swappable.

The current Celeron goes into the same socket as the current production Pentium.

775 is the current production line.
478 is not current, but still being used
370 is old
Slot 1 is old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom