[2004 article] Exploding CDs (no kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha... since this is an odd topic anyway...

A few years ago me and this other kid in one of my classes blew up a cd or two. It was pretty fudging funny. Everyone turns and looks at you from the HUGE cracking/exploding noise, and sees tons of little glitter pieces of CD confetti floating all around you. It's kind of hard to pass the blame off :). It was a bit of a blow off class with a ton of people in it, so the setting was just right. I'm really not the class-clown-hungry-for-attention-kind-of-guy, but being bored as hell and then exploding a CD-R with your bare hands and seeing everyone turn around to see the aftermath is pretty damn funny :p. Good thing the teacher loved us :cool:.

Is that what happens when you break a CD in two? A huge boom, and glitter all around you? lol.

Actually, it was a lot more than "2" lol :). What I did was take a pen and make like ten or so straight lines coming out from the center of the cd, then made a couple circles concentric with the CD. I went deep enough to go through the shiny stuff in the places where I wrote, so instead of ink, it was like missing CD material, but most of it was still there. Then I was just like bending it back and forth for a while and eventually I guess I bent it too far and it exploded into a ton of pieces.

My version of Times Square on New Years lol :).

Yea its pretty fun lol. I'm not sure if they are still making CD-Rs like they used to though (this was like 2-3 years ago). I was going through craploads of burned CDs dating back 5 years ago and I noticed some of them seemed thicker than they are nowadays. Probably why they used to cost a buck a piece and now cost about ten cents. Might still work though :).

Have you ever microwaved a CD? You're only supposed to do it for like 3-5 secs and it leaves a horrendous smell inside the microwave for a while, but it looks crazy afterwards. Doesn't blow up though =/ lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom