2 or more OS' at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
im kinda puzzled on how you run 2 or more OS' at once... can anyone explain it to me or point me into a direction of a site or anything? plus>>> is windows vista still in beta 1? and can you run Professional and Vista at once?

Okay the only way to run 2 OS at once is through Virtual Software. No way to actually boot 2 OS. YUes Vista is still Beta 1 and no you cant run both at once but you can dual boot the OS.

You can't... It's impossible but you can set up a boot manager where you can choose what to boot to if that is your question.

I can run Vista from my Virtual Machine in XP. That can be considered running 2 OS at once. Also if you run a Mac with OS X you can Run OS X and Windows at the same time.

Ok but can you run linux and windows? beacuse i have windows office and i would like to try linux i hear its really good. i assumed that you cannot run windows office in linux.

???

I ran 3 different os (triple boot) at the same time. get partition magic. you can use disc management but if you messed up you can't get back to your original one.

in disc management you can set an empty partition to active and the computer will reboot and take you there and it will hide the first partition.

but please get partition magic as it is real easy to mess things up with disc management

Xp sp1, MediaCenterEdition and Red hat linux (I quit. it wasn't that user friendly to me). I'm going to try mandrake next

partitions..... or another hardrive but u would have to go in there and screw with the jumper things on the hdd depending on what os u wanted to use everytime u started ur comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom