so many blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

soup lightning

In Runtime
everytime i play guild wars i get a blue screen. it usually happens after ive been playing for awhile. sometime a window pops up and says im out of memory. sometimes it will give me the blue screen when i exit. its froke up when its started a few times. bf2 and ut2004 have done it a couple times too. all my stuff is pretty new.
amd3200, 1 gig corsair xms, evga 6800gt

you should do a burn in test to make sure your componets are fully compatible with each other. You can download a tester on download.com

Why wouldn't they be compatible w/ each other?

Sounds like BF2 is using more RAM than you have. I suggest looking into 2GB, or make sure no extra apps are running. As far as the blue screen when you exit, sounds like a driver issue.

any way it could be my vid card? in the bf2 demo iget these wierd patches of greyish things out in the ocean. theres only 2 or 3 small groups of them. is this just the game? might be a little hard to see. was in a hurry out by their carrier w/ 64, its kind of hard to live long. cant get th escreeny to load. says its too bit. smallest i can get it is 80k bytes

I would say that is the Video card. I ran UT2004 on 512 RAM for over a year with no issues. As for BF2 nVidia has know issues with it and their drivers. I dont think more RAM is gonna help since the game only requires 512 and you have 1GB. Check for new drivers(they have the 77.77 out now) and see if that helps.

Makaveli213 said:
I would say that is the Video card. I ran UT2004 on 512 RAM for over a year with no issues. As for BF2 nVidia has know issues with it and their drivers. I dont think more RAM is gonna help since the game only requires 512 and you have 1GB. Check for new drivers(they have the 77.77 out now) and see if that helps.

UT2004 has crap requirements, my old comp can run that game....

And because you are playing the demo, it could be a bug in the game. I recommend doing a driver fix first, then try to uninstall/re-install the card.

Sounds like you have enough power to your computer, so I would uninstall and reinstall the drivers or, try to reinstall BF2 and see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom