Greatest Technological Advancement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJJohnson said:
Hey Macdude425, you Apple people think you invented everything. It's a pity you did, otherwise I'd have a good agument. As much as it hurts me, Thanks Apple for GUI.

Anyway, before you get too cocky, Apples to use Intel. Oh dear, It'll be windows next ;-)

It's funny though, I haven't read anyone saying Windows was the Greatest Achievement. He he
Don't put words in my mouth. It's not nice. I just said that they revolutionized the GUI and disk technolgy. And if you were informed, you'd see why the Mac will not become another Windows...

Just checking you were still there, It was only tongue in cheek.

I am assuming that Mac users don't see the move to Intel as the greatest achievement.

I am not a Mac user and I think it is a sorry day for competitiveness (that was a big word for this time in the morning),

The emergance of x86 architechture, which led to home computers.

Others that can be mentioned as well include the development of the floppy, the hard drive (as mentioned above), on-board math co-processors, and the PCI bus.

DoomUK said:
Off the top of my head, I'd say graphics processors.
I agree, and also don't forget there is a physics processor coming out as well.

The 6502, sounds 1337!!! What was it a Pentium 100mhz w/ 16MB RAM and 2MB Video Card? Oh and it must have ran on DOS or Windows 3.1 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom