A good old Ocing 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
I plan to get a 6600GT, still need to save a little more but still dont know which brand to buy. So i plan to OC this baby and see where it takes me :D. Know i waws thinking about a cooling device for it casue my case gets pretty hot so i'm not to sure if the stock will cut it so you guys tell me :D.

well for me stock is great but then again my load temps for my 3200 (stock cooling) when not oc'd are 26c

i have my 6600gt at 550/1.2 every day and it just has stock

forgot to mentiton im new to this area and for a vga giving numbers like 550/1.2 doesn't make sence to me yet. But im learn so thats a good temp for it its goiong to be (AGP) slot so hmm dont know lol.

stock card is 500MHz core speed and 1GHz memory clock speed....so when he says 550/1.2 he's talking about core being OC'd to 550Mhz and the memory being at 1.2GHz

Some AGP cards are 900MHz by default though..depends on the brand, I know eVGA is 900MHz by default.

it's common for them to reach high 70's and mid 80's celcius....I wouldn't go above 85C personally.

But which brand should i get to OC, and if the temps are like that would a cooler be a good investment into it or what.

a cooler is always a good investment be it CPU or GPU.

leadtek or evga would be my suggestion

did they ever wind up making an NV Silencer for the AGP version though? I know they hadn't when I had a 6600GT....they only had it for the PCI-E at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom