Poor Graphics Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop with the bickering children.

Usually when I have a peformance loss, it's because windows is stupid and screws itself over. Reformat does fix this.

lol like that one guy who had a sig I think it said "You have moved your mouse...please restart windows for changes to take effect"

I'm with you Shoobierat, there is a lot of "If in doubt re-format".

Might solve the problem but, if you are like me, I like to know what the problem was in the first place. And my life is too short to keep reloading all the silly little drivers and apps that I can't live without.

Has performance dropped anywhere else?

Can you run Task Manager while this is happening and see if anything else is stealing your clock cycles?

You can try opening and closing the windows a couple of times (An old joke I know).

ShoobieRat said:

Start with making sure everything's up to date and that nothing has changed in the drivers.
Second, check to make sure that BF2 didn't install any new drivers or whatnot that might be causing a problem.
Third, hit up the NVIDIA site for some of their test videos and see what you can see.
Fourth, try running a vid test program like 3dmark and see what happens.
It may also be possible that yer vid card cooked itself. Do you see any artifacts while yer playing?

I installed the nVidia drivers that came with BF2 and my graphics were fine for a few days but then there was a sudden drop. The same is in 3dmark which I have tried, the graphics aren't smooth as they were and all my games are unplayable due to this.

There are no artifacts while playing, just far less FPS and the graphics are unsmooth.

Silly question, but have you ran 3DMark05/03 again? If you have, was there a significant decrease in your score?

Have you scanned for spyware/trojan/virus possibilities? Adding to that, do you have any anti-virus apps running in the background that you didn't have before?

Have you altered any settings in Forceware control panel, specifically unser 'Global Settings'? Easily done when you're creating a profile for a specific .exe, you can accidentally enable global FSAA or whatever...

Are your CPU & RAM frequencies correct?

Are your GPU & VRAM frequencies correct? From your sig I see that you've overclocked - and this might be the answer actually - when you reinstalled Forceware did you set them to 450/1150 again? If not then that would be an obvious solution.

DoomUK said:
Silly question, but have you ran 3DMark05/03 again? If you have, was there a significant decrease in your score?

Have you scanned for spyware/trojan/virus possibilities? Adding to that, do you have any anti-virus apps running in the background that you didn't have before?

Have you altered any settings in Forceware control panel, specifically unser 'Global Settings'? Easily done when you're creating a profile for a specific .exe, you can accidentally enable global FSAA or whatever...

Are your CPU & RAM frequencies correct?

Are your GPU & VRAM frequencies correct? From your sig I see that you've overclocked - and this might be the answer actually - when you reinstalled Forceware did you set them to 450/1150 again? If not then that would be an obvious solution.

Yes, the score was worse, about half.

There aren't any other programs in the background (that i know of) and no trojans have been found by 'Spyware Doctor'.

Not sure about the forceware, how would I find out?

All the frequencies are correct. The performance is far less than it would be when the GPU timings were normal (400/1000). So I doubt it is to do with oc'ing.

So you know for sure that your loss of performance hasn' t come since you haven't overclocked?...

Forceware: Under 'Performance and Quality settings', under 'Active profile': 'Global driver settings', make sure everything is set to 'Application controlled', and set (global) 'Image settings' to Quality, the default setting (that'll turn various optimizations ON).

What version are you using right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom