Poor Graphics Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
I have been using a 6800GT for quite a while now without any trouble. However, I have been forced to stop playing all of my games due to a recent and sudden drop in the performance of my graphics.

I see no reason with this could have occurred. I had started to play BF2 two days prior to this, if that makes any difference.

I have tried reinstalling old and new nVidia drivers (including BETA drivers) without any success.

What else can I try in order to return my graphics back to form ?

First off, hello fellow 'Shropshirian' :)

What exactly has happened? A performance loss or graphics corruption?

Have you got DX 9.0c installed?

Have you tried doing a fresh format of your HDD?

What are the GPU's temps like? What are your CPU temps like? What are the rest of your system specs?

It's a performance loss, and i have DX 9.0c installed. I've had no problems with the card, and with any games before this at all. So... I'm not sure what's happened.

I have been thinking of a reformat, however, hoping there is another way. But now it looks like it'll have to go ahead !

Oh for the love of god, would you people PLEASE turn off your automated "Reformat" scripts!

He doesn't need to reformat.

Start with making sure everything's up to date and that nothing has changed in the drivers.
Second, check to make sure that BF2 didn't install any new drivers or whatnot that might be causing a problem.
Third, hit up the NVIDIA site for some of their test videos and see what you can see.
Fourth, try running a vid test program like 3dmark and see what happens.
It may also be possible that yer vid card cooked itself. Do you see any artifacts while yer playing?

man shoobie is so dam funny man... Yeah everytime, people ask question here, you guys say reformat the computer, and that shows you guys don't know anything about computers. I think you should install direct 9.0x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom