How Far Can I OC My 3000+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
I am wondering how far I overclock my Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 939. I set it down back to stock because I am so paranoid something will happen to it. How far could I push it with 5 case fans and the stock HSF?

I think it would be a world record, your right.

Anyways, every system and processor is different. If you want to be safe, dont overclock

yeah, unless you know what you are doing.. If you don't know about it, i suggest you not to do it. I fried one of my motherboard, when i tried to overclock my computer.

That's with some extreme cooling solution etc going for a world record... Most won't get past 2.6GHz.
Depends on the week....the newer ones aren't getting past 2.6 but week17's and earlier are hitting 2.8 and 2.9GHz like theres no tomorrow, this being on air solutions.

I wouldn't go very far with stock cooling though...get a Zalman cooler or something THEN start OC'ing it...you should have recorded your week and stepping that's written on the CPU though, so then I coulda lead you to xtremesystem were you could compare your CPU to others.

I fried one of my motherboard, when i tried to overclock my computer.
Honestly it's pretty hard to fry a motherboard from overclocking...so I'd be interested in knowing how exactly that came to be...your CPU or RAM would more than likely fry first unless you were giving extreme voltages to an LDT bus or chipset bus without proper cooling which would be ignorance on the part of the user....if he reads and follows the OC'ing guidelines such things shouldn't happen.......technically :p

I know how to OC, very well actually, it's just that with adequate cooling, say thermal paste and stock HSF, couldn't I get it to at least 2.6 or higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom