please please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB is right, this is from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Microsoft Word does not directly support conversion from Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF is the format in which documents are saved for viewing and exchange in the Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Exchange for Windows.

Note Microsoft does not provide a text converter to convert Word document files to Acrobat (PDF) format. For more information about how to convert Word document files to Adobe Acrobat, contact Adobe Systems Incorporated.

i have here a question, we can convert word document or also some content of the web pages to a PDF using pdf converter but
what is the benefit of this program, i mean what the difference between word docuemnt and PDF, it seems they are using the same features

PDF makes it possible to send formatted documents and have them appear on the recipient's monitor or printer as they were intended.

md said:
but Word document also do the same

you can make a 300 page pdf document with superior resolution and it will to up maybe 1mb

a 300 page word document will take maybe 75mbs

EricB said:
you can make a 300 page pdf document with superior resolution and it will to up maybe 1mb

a 300 page word document will take maybe 75mbs

I dunno about that.... I have a couple 650mb PDFs on my computer (parts manuals for my car).

Not saying I know how big a Word file of the same content would be, but some PDFs (not even thousands of pages either) can get to be very very very large.

adobe 6 use to be a pain to configure for high resolution and small size, but adobe 7 defaults are a great improvent over 6's customized settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom