learning some information

Status
Not open for further replies.

md

Baseband Member
how set up My pc is set to bootup at 8.30am everyday and check for virus's etc, and also to connect to the internet in the same way after half an hour from pc working?
FYI i am having windows Xp professional, i want to learn this information please

I've asked the same question a month ago about. Currently with todays technology it is impossible to have your PC boot at a certian time. You may be able to mod it yourself somehow to do this but beyond that your on your own.

To check for viruses and etc just set a scanned schedule in the anti-whatever program.

I know that for scanning for antivirous (putting scheduled task)
But please i need steps for booting up my pc and connecting for the internet

Can any body help

I just said it's impossible. There is no set timer on a windows OS to boot at a certian time. You would need to rip out your case and add some form of timmer from say your remote/tv and set it to the PSU and junk like that (yes I'm just saying words that mean nothing).

But I know where your coming from and would like to do this also perhaps Vista will include a feature like this or future hardware.

If you have two PCs on a network, you can have one PC Wake-on-Lan the other PC at a specific time.

More details Head that sounds interesting but Warez and others said it was impossible when I asked. Do you mean boot from stand by on lan. As far as I know "remote booting from lan" is also impossible.

One of my friends was able to control my applications and close them while i am working on line, i don't know about booting up pc remotelly

Wake-on-LAN (WOL) is a technology that has to be supported by the BIOS and network card. Basically, modern PCs are always on as long as they are plugged in using +5V standby power. When the network card receives a WOL packet, it wakes up the computer, and usually performs some kind of task. Generally, the computer boots from a binary downloaded from a TFTP server on a network.

Yes you can do a WakeUPonLAN and yes you can make your computer boot on a specified date/time. But only when the PSU is switched on.

Now I know why my computer would boot at random times at night when it is off....... lol

yes it's possible to boot a computer remotely, a friend of mine has a server at a Collocation faculty that one can shut down and restart the server remotely..

though i don't know much about it, i'm guessing the details has been provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom