My (Refurb) SATA didn't come with a Power Adapter Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
The title says it all. Its a Maxtor DiamondMax 7200 RPM 160GB SATA HDD that I ordered off of tigerdirect.com and it didn't come with a Power Adapter Cable. Nothing like that came with my Motherboard either, so I'm confuzed. Is there anything I can do to order one online either from Tiger or the Makers?

Thats a little retarded your MoBo wouldn't come w/ one, some HD's dont carry IDE cables so you have to make sure.

It is not that uncommon for the mb not to come with the power cable. That is usually part of the psu not the mb. I just built 4 pc 's with intel boards, all sata and i had to get the power cables seperate since they were not on the psu. Now if it did not come with the cable that goes from the board to the drive that is a little strange. if you also need that here is a pretty cheap one from the same site so you could get them together.

http://www.cableclub.com/product_info.php?cPath=356&products_id=2047

Otherwise you could check pricewatch.com if you want to get a little better quality cable, not sure if it would really make a difference though

No, the other cable came with the mobo, 2 of them, I just need a Power Adapter Cable. Thanks guys.

Think its avaliable at my local Radioshack? I don't want to have to wait another week for it to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom