CD burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latty05

Baseband Member
i am trying to burn a video file onto a cd-r disc i am using both nero 6 and sonic recordnow basically after 100% it just says "burn process failed" i tried using both "track at once" and "disc at once" both failed i used determine maximum speed the max speed is 16x but i tried 8x aswell no luck..i tried using sonic recordnow but that just says "error burning disc" and no reason

Windows XP
Service Pack 2
HP DVD Writer 300n

the blank media is bulkpaq 52x im trying to burn it at a slower speed of 4x hopefully this will work? why wont it burn at a higher speed like 16x?

Higher speed of 16X. Are we talking CD or DVD here? !6X is fast for a DVD but not for a CD.

I gave up using Bulkpaq a long time ago, too many failures, but that was DVD-R.

As Thendar asked, what exactly are you trying to do? Write a video to a disk as a pure data file or create a VCD or DVD like menu system?

try with a diffrent cd-r also if the video file is bigger than 700MB it wont be able to fit on a cd-r

Depending on what he is using to write with (Nero etc) it should tell him that there is a problem before it allows him to write. For example, file too large.

It seems that he is getting past that stage.

It might be the "lead out" that it is failing on. Some discs just don't like some writers.

Have you updated your writers firmware recently?

im trying to write a video file to a cd-r i have tried using alternate cd-r's like TDK but this time when i try to burn the cd about 7% into it it just fails!! im using nero and it says lead in and then after that i think it fails its really pissing me off now ive updated the firmware no change!
shall i just fork out £30 and get a new drive?
it works fine with dvd+r's...

Answer this one question.

We understand that you are burning the video file to the cd. What method are you trying to use it as. Is it strictly a data cd (aka not something to be played in a dvd player, just used on the pc) or is it something you want to play on your dvd drive and all?

its basically a 700mb film which i am putting onto a data cd which then works in my divx player.

its basically a 700mb film that i am putting onto a data cd to put in my divx player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom