New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aint bad, I mean it all depends if you are a serious audio buff. Me personally, that card kicks ass for what I do. I just listen to my headset when I game. So that does a good job for me. You will do better if you are reallly into audio if you went with a better card such as audigy.

i do my selection of recording too actually cuz i have 3 guitars. i can get a audigy 2 zs plat pro for 125 which is dirt cheap so i think im gonna take advantage. that external box is clutch on the plat pro

also i had a question on which manufac to go with when choosing the video card. ive seen the evga get the best ratings but just wondering...

If do you go with the Fatal1ty board, you will seriously be happy with it. I have one on one of my other computers, and it kicks ass. It is great for overclocking, and the uGuru is great. I strongly recommend it. I dont recommend the sli one due to the fact that the northbridge heatsink will pretty much be covered by one of your cards or even just one. So I just recommend the one I got which is the AN8 Fatal1ty board.

Good luck man, got anymore questions let us know.

havent been able to find a fatal1ty non-sli but i'll keep looking... ive also been reading alot of reviews on memory and such and still choosing between ocz gold and pgi. i found a ocz gold for $140 with 15 rebate. now im still a little confused on the timings..... this one is 2-2-2-5 but theres a pgi with 2-3-2-6 and still others with 2.5-3-3-7 all at 2.6v(which i understand). a little explaination would be lovely :)

also read an article that nvidia is coming out with a new chip which uses sli vga cards at pci-e 16x rather than the current 8x when in sli...... so im thinking get a non-sli for now and when they come out with that new chip go for a board like that when i have the $ for another video card. let me know suggestions

you are looking at timings. 2-2-2-5 is exceptionlly good. I have OCZ gold in the same rig as my fatal1ty board. Also, the board can have problems reading and excepting shitty memory such as Ultra memory. I have been through that. It said I had 70000 bad addresses. But when I put the OCZ memory, it came out fine in memtest.

It doesnt really matter what you get pertaining to the GPU thing. I mean sli is worth it, but its gotta be worth it do you. I am fine with having a single graphics card, but having sli would be sweet. But its not really necessary for me. It is for some, but not for me. I would get the sli one if you cant find the single one. Plus, you could always add another card of the same type later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom