Windows install help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparentlly not. I removed the second listed install and saved the file. No change. Very strange. Unless, of course, I was being a bean head and just deleting the 2nd OS string and then saving the boot.ini file isn't the correct way to modity the file??????

RicoDirenzo said:
Apparentlly not. I removed the second listed install and saved the file. No change. Very strange. Unless, of course, I was being a bean head and just deleting the 2nd OS string and then saving the boot.ini file isn't the correct way to modity the file??????

no, that should have done it, weird

Very, and the fact that my Son used a Japanese version of XP Pro! OMG.................................too funny. Asked him where he got the cd.........Japanese girlly student at the University! LOL. And why put in this cd? He wanted to brouse the Cd. And why did you continue with install? Couldn't figure out how to get out of it and thought it would jsut say that another OS was already installed................Shesh...................Freshman!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Very, and the fact that my Son used a Japanese version of XP Pro! OMG.................................too funny. Asked him where he got the cd.........Japanese girlly student at the University! LOL. And why put in this cd? He wanted to brouse the Cd. And why did you continue with install? Couldn't figure out how to get out of it and thought it would jsut say that another OS was already installed................Shesh...................Freshman!!!

heh, im sorry this post has nothing at all to do with your issue, i have to say LOL to what your son said... sounds exactly like what i did to my parents computer, except it wasnt a accident, well anyways. LOL @ your son. hope you fix the problem :(

Isn't the boot.ini file read-only? If so then obviously you would have to remove that attribute before it would save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom