Geek Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets all take this time now to answer the question that started this thread...

--

"Has anyone used geek squad"

Your answers: "No"

--

"Or know how good they are (based on experiance.. not web threads or pages of other peoples opinions)

Your answers: "No"

--

Why are you still talking?

-------------------------------------------------------

To answer your thread...
I PERSONALLY know, a fairly large handfull of geek squad agents and they all for the most part know a ton about computers. Even if you dont want to pay the price to get it done.. ask them questions they are all more than happy to answer them. They put their pants on the same way we do, only when they do it.. they make twice as much revenue as your companies for doing the exact.... same.... thing...

uzi9mm said:
But you fail to realize one thing..............

I never said that I would not belive anything that they say, I would just have to re-verify it thru a 3rd party. I have said this in many posts before this one.

Do you understand English?

Then chances are.. my rant was not directed to you.

charles_scott said:
Geek Squad = Bunch of newblets that know nothing and charge a lot. Be better off asking a local computer shop to build you one lol

HAHAHAHA How true is that... :D This goes for half of the A+ certified tards working at a lot of mom and pop shops tho as well. Why not just ask them if they will build it, there are some that are decent, but most don't have a clue.

and as per his post about re-verifying through 3rd parties. I got my answers from agents at my store. Came to ask YOU GUYS, even some of you answered in this post. And alot of the things that were said matched up quite nicely. Everyone was just so anxious to say that others have no clue what they are talking about just because they are employed by a huge consumer electronics retailer.

There are good repair people, there are bad repair people.

There are those who know their stuff, and there are those who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground.

No matter where you go, you're going to find this played out over and over. And just because you've had ONE bad experience does not make every one of them idiots.

DJ-CHRIS said:
5 min, your slow.

With my non PC smart friend, I just painted a CD drive, and I told him to put it in my PC, and than I told him, Futureshop (Owned by best buy) charges 40$ for what you just did.

ROFL! for the bold, no offense Him, but it was funny.

and "LOL, nice job" for the rest of the quote.

Trotter said:
There are good repair people, there are bad repair people.

There are those who know their stuff, and there are those who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground.

No matter where you go, you're going to find this played out over and over. And just because you've had ONE bad experience does not make every one of them idiots.

I was thinking the same thing. There will be Geek Squad agents that don't know s**t about Computers and there will be those that DO know a lot. It just so happens that those that know a lot have larger egos and can't stand working for a company with an equal number of nooblets.

And, I also agree that those on the Sales Floor of the shop would probably not know as much about PCs as those that make house calls.

AEagle20 said:
and as per his post about re-verifying through 3rd parties. I got my answers from agents at my store. Came to ask YOU GUYS, even some of you answered in this post. And alot of the things that were said matched up quite nicely. Everyone was just so anxious to say that others have no clue what they are talking about just because they are employed by a huge consumer electronics retailer.

Happy, you have a good experience, but not every store will have good ppl... Majority at least 50% if not more are idiots. :cool:

ROger

I agree with the posts above. You have your good employee's and your bad ones. If the good ones don't know how to fix something, they are going to find someone who does, and someone who will make sure the job gets done right. Usually those people are willing to learn, that way they don't have that problem again. But on the other hand your always going to have your bad employee's who when they get into something they don't know, or can't fix. They are going to do whatever they can to make the customer happy at the time, so they can get out of there and leave the problem to someone else. Usually though you can tell the retards from the smart ones real quick, especially if you know your PC basics's. I do agree with the verification too, I think your going to be building a new PC its a good idea to get other opinions. Certain people have certain preferences, epecially when it comes to PC components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom