Gigabyte GA K8NS PRO problem with cpu overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elbatrop1 said:
I have a similar mobo (GA K8NS Ultra). I actually had something similar with the CPU fan not working.

It turned out to be a BIOS setting called SMARTFAN. SMARTFAN will turn off the CPU fan when it figures that the CPU wasnt so hot that it needed a fan running. If you disable SMARTFAN (it is enabled by default), then your CPU fan should be running all the time.

I hope that is your problem, because it is an extremely easy fix:D

I put the new fan on and let it run and it worked for over 24 hours perfectly. I wasn't sure what the bios setting for fan control was so I went and looked and it was enabled. I disabled it like you said and it all looked great. I went home and when I walked in the door she called and said the heat beeper was going off. I sped over there to find the thing at almost 100 C. It then shut off. I went in and enabled smart fan and it has been running now for 12 hours and NO phone call. That has been the problem all along I guess. I had gone through bios settings and disabled this when I was updating the other day not realizing this would happen. I am going to contact Gigabyte and let them know and ask why this would be.

Thats strange why that would happen. Perhaps that release of mobo was faulty for CPU fan control...

Im not really sure, though:(

Well, since I have a similar mobo, would you mind keeping me updated if you dont update this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom