NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheHeadFL said:
Eric is most likely correct. If NTLDR is missing, then more than likely the rest of the OS (kernel, etc) is missing as well.

Why would you say this?.. One would argue that the NT Loader is not even part of the XP OS.. It's simply the loader.. The mechanism which allows you to "jump" to the XP OS starting point if necessary. Just b/c one is missing doesn't mean the other is either. I had this problem a few months ago. It'll be nice if u had the CD as I didn't try to figure out how to do it without it - since I had the CD with me.

The NTLDR is actually installed even "before" you get to the main "XP install" screen. You know. Before u specificy ANY parameters.. Type of formatting etc. etc. NTLDR is simply a very small part of the whole picture

Chankama said:
Why would you say this?.. One would argue that the NT Loader is not even part of the XP OS.. It's simply the loader.. The mechanism which allows you to "jump" to the XP OS starting point if necessary. Just b/c one is missing doesn't mean the other is either. I had this problem a few months ago. It'll be nice if u had the CD as I didn't try to figure out how to do it without it - since I had the CD with me.

The NTLDR is actually installed even "before" you get to the main "XP install" screen. You know. Before u specificy ANY parameters.. Type of formatting etc. etc. NTLDR is simply a very small part of the whole picture

Well, why would I say that? Because if you're humming along and don't change anything, and then all the sudden your NTLDR is missing, that suggests to me that something is probably very wrong with the hard disk. It stands to reason that the rest of the hard disk is probably screwed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom