huge overclock on athlon 2500!! read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok guys i have a amd athlon 2500 1.83ghz fsb 166mhz and now i have my fsb running at 220mhz!! hahaha this is awesome so my overall clock is 2.41ghz this is a pretty good overclock because i have my voltage at 1.76 and its very stable my idle temps are 44c and under load pushes around 53c, which is pretty good because this cpu isnt just running off regular air i have it hooked up to my air conditioner lol! funny i know i have a 6inch ducting tube taped and sealed around my cpu fan so its constanly sucking cold air on to the cpu. im getting some very good performance out of a not so fast processor.

wow thats quite a rig, how cool is it idle, and do you keep the case open? how would the tubing get into your comp.

hello,thanks. idle temps are 44c and underfull load for a long time of gaming is around 53c. and i have the case door always off. lol mainly because the ducting running in to the computer is so fat. its ducting leading from my floor vent with a 110cfm steel muffin fan blowing the air through the ducting connected to the cpu then the cpu fan sucks even more cold air on to the heatsink, so when im gaming and i feel of the cpu heatsink its actually cold lol, i will soon mod my case where i have the door on, i will proubly be running the ducting through the bottom back end.or maybe if i could just afford a water cooling kit lol, but the only thing holding me back now is not have a gig of dual channel pc3200 memory.

I had one that did 231 @ 1.8V prime 95 for 2 hours (Then I closed it and started a cs server.)

and how may i ask are you dealing with the inevitable condensation that forms from air conditioners? mmmm?

That's not that huge of an overclock dude...congrats on your accomplishment don't get me wrong, but I had my mobile XP-M running 2.7GHz with 235FSB with an SLK-900A heatsink and vantec tornado and even mine wasn't that great considering theres a few people who've hit 3GHz with those things but that generally takes nothing short of chilled water cooling or just lots of luck.

and yes I noticed yours is an XP and not an XP-M....nice none the less, but considering the nature of the topic I thought it was going to be something a little more amazing :)

Don't take offense to anything I said, I'm just being truthful, not trying to bash at all, just opinion and all that good stuff.

Took 1.975Vcore for those speeds of mine though :p, it'd boot at 2.8GHz but it would never become stable...I even through 2.225vcore through that thing....mmmm dangerous days they were.

whoa! 2.7ghz dayum i must say, well im not really saying its a big overclock. but i just thought it was pretty good fro air cooling, and condensation, i dont have that problem i have a special filter lined through the ducting thanks,so everything is good to go,

so nubius do you think if i had water cooling i could get my cpu to 2.8ghz itleast? because if so im gonna have to go for a water cooling kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom