Multi-Question HDD and Mobo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
Ok, I finished building my new comp last night, BUT the SATA HDD that I got won't show up when I'm doing the BIOS stuff. This is the HDD.

and this is the mobo. .

I'm pretty sure they're compatible. With the mobo, there came a SATA drivers disk. Its a floppy disk, and my comp doesn't have a floppy drive...

What can I do?

One more thing. I'm in the very beginning right now. I haven't installed an operationg system (because of the HDD problem) and I'm just doing the stuff with the BIOS and CMOS right now. Is this when I need to install the SATA drivers? Because where I download the drivers, it says that the drivers are for Windows. Well, I don't have windows installed.

To make matters worse, the drivers folder is 6.5MB big. No way that would have fit on a disk, so the software on the disk mush have been something inside the folder. Problem is, I don't know which one.

The inside of the drivers folder.

driversfolder4sc.png
[/URL][/IMG]

C'mon guys. I just need to know which of those files to burn to a CD so I can install the SATA drivers.

Well, what MOBO is it? Normally there is a folder on MOBO driver CD's very similar to that one up there, "DriverDisk". Inside that folder there are little exe. files that you launch to guide you through making a diver disk for SATA on a floppy.

Here is a link that will guide you through the SATA Driver installation during installation of Windows.

http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/sata_detect.html

Once you get those SATA drivers on a floppy, follow that links instructions. You'll have windows up in 20 minutes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom