Strange Problem With Gigabyte 7NNXP & Keyboard Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

preet2u

Daemon Poster
I just built myself another machine about a month ago .. I've been trying to sort out a problem right from day i got it up n' running ..
Tried contacting the Gigabyte Help desk but in vain.. Still haven't got a response.
Anywayz .. herez the problem ..
I use the keyboard Power on function on my system(i.e I've set it up in the bios to power up on any key) .. But then everytime I use the keyboard to power on my system .. the system boots up with my processor value as 1250Mhz instead of the actual 3000+ . Strangely though the ratio multiplier in the bios does not change .. I just need to change it to something else n' put in back to the right value .. n' restart ..for it to work fine.
There is only one dip switch on the motherboard ..which i've set properly.
There is no newer bios available from Gigabyte (Currently F15 .. the one same as on my machine)
Can someone Plz help me out with this problem

No this happens only when i use the keyboard power on n' does not happen when i use the power button .. Infact it doesn't even happen when i use the mouse power on function

i've tried clearing the cmos also . The board comes with a dual bios .. i've even tried restoring the bios from the backup bios .. Still face the same problem ..

I just couldn't figure out what else to try ..
Any Other Suggestions??

MicroBell said:
Maybe by useing the "Keyboard" power up...it's useing the default bios and it's settings....which would require you to reset your CPU since it would be useing default settings.

Now this was something i didn't think of .. i'm gonna check this thing up right away .. will keep ya posted if i make any progress.

The second bios is supposed to work as a backup only .. n' it's not supposed kick in at any point at all unless i need to restore the bios .. which can be done via a jumper on the board ..

So that again is ruled out ..

Anythin' else dude ... :beard:

You may want to read the mobo manual for instructions on how to enter Q-Flash (from bios screen..by pressing F8 key), and copy main rom data to back-up bios (unless you want an older bios on your back-up). There are also some settings to read about, such as Boot From, Auto Recovery, Halt On Error, etc.

I'm at work right now .. Gonna go back home n' give it a shot .. Thankx for the suggestion dude ..

Yup .. both bios vers are the same .. My keyboard's connected to the PS2 .. I wanted to try with the USB too .. Never did though .. I'll try that out too ..
But i think Bleep's on to somethin' .. I'm gonna check on the saved defualts on the backup bios .. n' if i can changed the backup bios's defualts ..
Will Keep ya'll posted ..

Tried useing the keyboard as USB too .. the problem still exists ..
Bleep .. I tried what u asked me to do .. but .. i was unable to write into the backup bios .. Anyidea how i can do that .. 'coz it's write protected ..
Do u have any idea ..since u have a board with similar dual bios ?
BTW .. both bios are the same version(f15) .. Only the settings are different.

The way I did mine was... I entered bios, then pressed ctrl F1 to enter the advanced bios, then pressed F8 (answer Y when it prompts) to enter Q-Flash. I then scrolled down to Copy main Rom Data to BackUp, clicked that, and pressed enter, then it copied (showing progress). Then I clicked onsave settings to CMOS and then exited the Q-Flash.

I can't try the power on by keyboard on my system, because it says that i have to have a "power on" button on my keyboard...which I don't have :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom