new psu with a pop?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I just got done installing a new psu, i took some of the wiring and put that UV mesh on them covering the wires... i know i put all of the wiring back together correctly... although the only wires i changed were the ones that would power my hard drives and my cd-roms/floppy, so even if i did put the wiring back together wrong... my mother board shouldn't have popped, which i think is what happened... along with the pop, one of my LED fans works, yet the lights on it doesn't work anymore... my motherboard starts up, reads the RAM and the chip and the FSB... after that, nothing, it doesn't even check my hard drives or anything, i tried to get into my bios, but it just gets stuck on the booting screen, again, just checks the mem/chip then is stays put... now i when i first turned my computer on, after installing everything, the pop came, none of my UV lights even started up, so i thought maybe it was one of those little boxes you plug the light into... but they don't smell like they popped, even then, that doesn't seem like the problem... any immediate response of a resolution would be great... thank you ahead of time =)
... well i checked my connections again and i had the 12v connection on the 5v and visa-versa on my cd-roms... i changed it back.. and still, my mobo is fried? from the outside of a case in, it goes yellow black black red/ 12v = yellow correct?... hrm, i think i really Fed up this time

Dude .. ur motherboard's fine .. if it had blown it just wouldn't boot up .. Just disconenct ur all ur drives n' boot up the system .. it should atleast go to the screen where it displays all the devices n' interrupts etc..
Later connect the drives one by one .. It would probably just be a problem with either the ide cables or a couple of the power connectors ..
Also check the master slave jumpers on the drives

no it doesn't boot past the ram check... like it doesn't even check for devices... just checks the ram, shows the frequency (200).. i unplugged everything! only the mobo's plugged in and still, getting screwed results, only 2 case fans plugged (through the mobo, along with the HSF plugged in through the psu...

Olrite .. In that case .. Remove the ide cables from the motherboard itself .. Clear the cmos
Reboot
try using the memory one at a time ..

actually, here's some weird info for everyone to know for the future... my cd-roms were the things that popped... reason why the startup would stall was because of them... i took 'em both out plugged one into another computer, and that computer would stall also... so now my computer's fine, just gotta replace the cd-roms hah.. there's a stupid mistake i regret, thank god it wasn't the hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom