O/C AMD Athlon 1.2ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasker

Baseband Member
Anyone know how I would overclock one of these? I have not seen any settings where I could tweak the FSB and multipliers. Theres nothing in the BIOs, cept an option called CPU PnP Setup. It gives my CPU Brand, CPU Type, CPU Speed, Core Voltage, CPU Ratio, CPU Frequency, and DRAM Frequency. I can change the CPU Speed to 1600mhz but the computer wont boot. I can also change either the DRAM or the CPU Frequency, I forget which one.
Is there any program I would have to download to overclock it?
Thanks in advance :)

you could upgrade your bios and then see if you get more options and if that dosent work you can look for a modded bios for your specific board

your specific board may be locked so that you cannot overclock, and is only able to be upgraded to a athlon 1600 proccessor . thas what that option was for... is ur pc manufactured or built by you? if so what boarrd is it

Pc Chips are awful motherboards, in the computer shop where I work I constantly am fixing computers with Pc Chips motherboards....I'm not quite sure about OCing one, you would be better off spending 60-80 on a good Asus board, those are made for OCing. The A7V8X-X is a very good board for the money.

Im going to be buying a new mobo either way. I just wanted to see if I could overclock this one just to make it faster. Im going to be making a different PC. So, I will want to buy a good board. Ill look into that Asus though. Thanks

They're basically the same thing, except I think VIA has better chipsets, and mine has 6 PCI slots and 4 USB 2.0 on the back.

They both support 3GB ram, it's whatever you like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom