What do you think of this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatonator

Baseband Member
What do you think of this HP Pavilion zd8000 laptop for $1800 after mail-in rebate (No shipping/tax)?

– Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with SP2
– Intel Pentium 4 640 w/HT Technology, 3.2GHz (2 MB Cache, 800 Mhz Fsb)
– 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050)
– 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x512MB)
– 100 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
– DVD+/-RW/R CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer
– 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X600
– 54g 802.11b/g WLAN w/125HSM
– 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
– Microsoft Works/Money

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Meh, it's got some good specs, but it's an HP. You may or may not run into problems on account of it being an HP, I couldnt yell you for sure, but it is more than plausible. IMO Toshiba and IBM make the best laptops. IBM is quite expensive, and wouldnt cater to the gamer, but to the buisness person. Check out Toshiba, they are very good.

What are you going to use it for- if games it has some sweet specs but I might not go HP myself. Acer or alienware would be my preferences

no ailenware! expensive as hell for nother better then what you coudl get anyware else.
check out www.cyberpowerinc.com

althought that really isnt bad. hp is not bad for notebooks I guess.

I dislike IBM notebooks highly, their soo heavy, clunky, low peformance and expensive. Oh, and they have their reliablity problems.

Heatonator said:
– Intel Pentium 4 640 w/HT Technology, 3.2GHz (2 MB Cache, 800 Mhz Fsb)
– 17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050)
– 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x512MB)
– DVD+/-RW/R CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer
– 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X600
– 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Thats going to have one short battery life!

I like IBM notebooks.. they work great, and they last much more longer. They have a really good performance too, toshiba, and dell are the worst laptops.. I don't see anything wrong with IBM laptops, except they are expensive that's all.

I had an IBM, and I put that thing through HELL before it finally died... And the person who had it before me put it through hell, and the person that has it now I'm sure is putting it through hell. It was dropped numerous times before it came to my hands. Whilst in my hands, it was throw across the room several time, only to find it NOT broken. I've never seen any reliability problems with IBm. The reason most people dont like IBM's, is because they have no Windows key. Sersiously, thats what I've encountered anyway. Granted they are heavy, but they have performance to make up for it. Why you think they have low performance Chris, I dont know, but you must not have used a Thinkpad. Very high performance, and when you do get the light ones, they are quite light and perform well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom