Post your highest 3DMark03 and 05!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KorKwin said:
Yes he is crazy. One day he spent over $250 on games for US and just bought himself one game. I love that guy lol.

>.> u wana introduce your friend to me.. i am in need of a friend like that..
what if i say please? eh? :D

3DMark05 (stock): 4609
3DMark05 (GPU @ 450/1200): 6001

I still haven't overclocked the CPU yet (waiting for the ceramique to kick in). Though quite a big increase in score from the GPU OC.

I'm hoping to bring up the score a slight bit after OC'ing the processor. I'm shooting for somewhere around 2.7, though that's probably an unrealistic aim. I shoudl also be able to kick out a bit more out of the GPU. That 450/1200 just came from Coolbits' "detect optimal frequencies". Surely there must be a little left.

Those clocks are REALLY good for a 6800GT, my maxed out a bit higher than what I'm running it (430/1150), although the memory hit 2000 there wasn't any point keeping it there since the core would be bottlenecking it. Don't think you'll get much more out of it but still, 100MHz off the core is nothing to shrug at

yo calzinger, some of your wallpapers are pretty good, i have one on one of my monitors and another on my other monitor.

I was able to kick out a final 460/1220. I still run the thing at stock speeds. To be honest, there really is no reason to run the card at that rate. There aren't too many games that push the cards limits anyway. I only OC it when doing benchmarks or playing something intense like BF2. Not much sense in really abusing the card when it's very unnecessary.

I didn't realize that the OC for the GPU would bring up the 3dmark score up so high. That 3DMark05 score of 4609 was with my GPU @ 410/1120. A 1500 pt increase from just a +40/+80 OC? Sounds good to me!

Do you think pulling up the CPU a good amount could throw up that score a good deal further?

@waynejkruse10
Send ya a PM.

I was able to kick out a final 460/1220. I still run the thing at stock speeds. To be honest, there really is no reason to run the card at that rate. There aren't too many games that push the cards limits anyway. I only OC it when doing benchmarks or playing something intense like BF2. Not much sense in really abusing the card when it's very unnecessary.
In regards to this your card has a default 2D mode which basically acts as idle. When you first boot into windows and aren't doing something intensive such as gaming your card will revert to 2D mode which underclocks it below stock speeds to conserve power and thermal output so there's really no need to worry about abusing the card since it only runs the 460/1220 under 3D mode which is during games.

3Dmark05 is very much GPU intensive and overclocking the CPU probably won't account for more than a couple hundred points, but I've found the added memory bandwidth has helped performance when I was playing the fear demo and overclocking will no doubt help in real world performance

I just got like 4987 or something in 3dmark05.

3200+ venice.
6800GT Leadtek.
1GB g.skill ram.
DFI LAnparty SLI-DR.

no OC done as yet to anything.

what do you think this would score with no OC

3200+ Venice
6600GT EVGA
1gb PNY Optima
MSI K8n Neo4

Status
Not open for further replies.