6600GT Buzzing Noise When Playing BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
It only started doing it today and ive been playing it for weeks with no problems. Im pretty sure its my graphics card that is making the noise because BF2 quit to desktop on me earlier while making th noise and its never done that before. Also, when browsing the internet it doesnt make the noise.

Any ideas whats up? Its a BFG 6600GT.

Thanks in advance :cool:

probly your fan make sure your card is securly fastened. the game is pretty demanding it might be reaching a certain temp and have to shut down the game after the fan is runing at crazy rpms, but i could be wrong. im pretty dumb hopfully someone else will reply with a better answer than me

well man i got the same problem with 6800 gt Brand new card my comp runs at 80 Farenhieght so i dont think its the heat

Sounds like its the fan, my eVGA makes a strange noise after an hour of halo at max settings on one screen and the net on another one and i traced it to the fan going way to fast......

its the computer inside make sure you have adquete airflow to keep the whole inside of the computer cooler, right now the whole inside is probly hot and cant keep the card cool then. so your card is getting too hot. i suggest getting really mad and throwing your computer out of the car windows driving 70mph and seeing how fast your computer cools off then

when I play BF2, its my cpu fan that goes berzerk from heat, i would put money on that being your problem.....the best thing to do is check your gpu/cpu temps and fan speeds using rivatuner or pcwizard....please let us know what you conclude the problem to be...

What are your system specs? Do you have a Prescott core Pentium??

Sorry, didnt use the comp last night ...

Specs
AMD64 3000+
BFG 6600GT
Corsair 512mb
SB 120GB Sata

Which of those programs will work for determining the temp on a 6600GT? I was under the impression you couldnt find the temp of the card :/

Using Asus Probe, my current temps of m/b and cpu are 29 and 33 respectively. CPU fan is spinning at 3214 rpm. Thats all it tells me, i will play BF2 and see what info i get then.

EDIT: Just download riva tuner but cant find the card temp with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom