Help with Microsoft licensing and reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know thats probably the main reason ill stick to windows for there installs. But i might give Linux another go on onme of my other computers

Tyler1989 said:
These friends will not want Linux if they are not computer savy.

if you have not tried ubuntu then you have absolutey no idea what you are talking about. i convert ppl to likux on a continual basis just by giving them a live cd. these ppl are NOT by any means computer savy. like i said, it is the MOST user friendly, idiot proof distrubution i have ever seen/used. you can see for your-self the stats on windows to ubuntu conversions for yourself at distrowatch.

btw... y is it that every post i have ever read from you, you never have anything productive to offer?

So how is the hardware support with this Distribution. Because I know the last time i had a go with Linux (Redhat I think it was) I had a bit of trouble with installing a few bits of hardware.

exelent with auto detection on ALOT of devices. Wireless is a little tricky but can be done. winmodems getting better. ubuntu has the most up to date packages on everything(of all binary-based distros.)

Ok thanks Ive ordered a few Cds to be shipped out o me and Ill give it a go. If i run into any trouble where is a good place to get help.

fateisajester for MS I have tried DOS up to Vista, For Linux I've tried Redhat8-9, Fedora 1-4, Mandriva10, Suse9.3, For Unix I've tried Solaris9-10. With that I can say that for any average user to low end user windows is for you and it's a bad idea to try anything else.

i have tried and used all of those distros with the exception of solaris. i stand firm with my statment that ubuntu is idiot-proof. i agree that linux has a steep learning curve, im only trying to say is that with this particular disto, its not bad at all. do you know why most windows users hate macs... cause its different. thats all. windows to mac is also a big learning curve, but when ppl sit back and say "hey, this just aint windows" and let go, they are fine. linux is not windows, linux is not better than windows. the PRINCIPAL behind linux IS better than windows. . you yell at ppl for stealing windows but when an open source alternative is offered. you shoot it down. it was just a worry-free ALTERNATIVE to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom