Not open for further replies.

nmt6789

Baseband Member
Here is what I want to build....

AMD 64 3200+ newcastle
Ocz 1gb DDR 400
eVga 6600 Gt

Could someone suggest a motherboard?

If you are looking to be an in-depth gamer and constantly upgrading your system, I suggest the ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (which I am currently using). Beatiful fairly priced motherboard with more expansion slots than most other boards. Plus it has SLI compatibility so when your 6600GT just won't get the job done, you can slap another one in there for (theoretically) twice the power.

::-Chase-::

It has been proven many times that SLI doesn't improve performance. Why spend double the cash if you aren't getting double the performance? That leads to adding another one later on when it gets "cheaper".

If you are getting a venice (which I do insist you do), I have heard that that Asus board isn't that bad. The word out on the street seems to be that Asus boards aren't too great as of late, though I can't say that the A8N is a bad board.

I can say that there is better though. Assuming you aren't an overclocker, the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum is a very solid board. The SLI version comes with more goodies. I own one, and I have had no problems with it. The only downside could be overclocking, but DFI would be your choice should that be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom