What heatsink to use for FX-55?

When will they seise producing new AGP Video Cards?

• Christmas 2005

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Quarter 2006 (Jan - Mar)

• Second Quarter 2006 (Apr - Jun)

• Third Quarter Quarter 2006 (Jul - Sep)

• Last Quarter Quarter 2006 (Oct - Dec)

• Some time in 2007

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
XP-120?

Acrtic Silver really that critical? anyone know about the stuff that comes with the actic-coolng heatcink and fan I got?

Well it is critical compared to the regular paste you would receive.

The reason the XP120 is so much better then your arctic cooling one, is because its larger, so the heat is distributed better, and also you can add your own 120mm fan. You can get a large one like me, and move almost three times as much air as you are moving with the arctic cooling one, thats why it cools better.

why not? looks like umm...it could be either really good, or not worth it but ya...

that XP-120 looks pretty nice. what i really want to know though, is for now, which of the 2, would be better? like I said, I dont have ANY money to spend. (amybe enough for Artic Silver5, thats ALL). I can save up for a huge heatsink so I can overclock more later.

ok, found this:
http://www.daw-pc.info/roadmap/amddatasheet.htm
inwhich, I found that the thermal resistance for (I think) the stock CPU heatsink for the FX-55 is 0.22℃/W

and I found this:
silencer64ultra5.jpg

so umm, it would appear, assuming that the top link shows indeed the temperature resistance of the stock CPU heatsink, that the stock heatsink is much better then the Arctic-Cooling one. can someone help me make sense of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom