Odd Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I have the Logitech MX-518 gaming mouse. My problem is that sometimes the scroll button does nothing. I'll restart the comp, and the scrolling button won't work. Then magically after a while it will start working again. I can't seem to find any pattern or 100% fix for this problem. Unplugging, restarting, anything like that does nothing, it just sort of fixes on its own after a while. Does anyone have any help here?

Sounds like it would be a short in the wiring, or could even be your PS/2 or USB port is messing up, but unlikely.

I've downloaded the latest drivers, and also tried both the USB and PS/2 ports, and the scroll doesn't work in either, so I don't think that's the problem. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Then it has to be the mouse, a mouse doesn't use that many objects other than drivers and ports. I suggest you take your back and get a new one. You could check for dust build-up or something.

Does anyone else have any other advice? This is driving me crazy. Every other button on the mouse works perfectly, but this one won't scroll. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom