Ocz Ddr Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
ok when i have previously posted about bh-5 ram i have been told that it isn't worth my while on my mobo im wondering if getting a ddr booster would allow my mobo to give the ram enough juice to use it and get good speeds eg ddr500 2-2-2-5

btw the ddr booster gives up to 4volts

thnx

Yeah, it goes into a spare slot. You should also have some active cooling on it, as it will get rather hot when pumping that juice through. It also comes with a motherboard compatibility chart, which has the motherboards and max voltages with those motherboards that they have tested. I was told over at XS that you have to do a VTT mod to the mobo, but I dont think OCZ or anyone else would sell something that you can only use after you mod your mobo, dosent make any sense.

What motherboard do you have? Is it the DFI Lanparty? They already supply up to 4 volts to the RAM, so the DDR Booster would be redundant and a waste of time and money if you bought it for use with that board.

2-2-2-5 at DDR500 with BH-5's is very feasible...probably need around 3.5v or so.....I don't know about that booster though, like with anything else in the computer world I've heard both success and horror stories with it, but generally the horror stories consist of killing a RAM slot, frying the RAM or the mobo...

but yeah, I'm not gonna bother commenting on that, but like I said those timings at that speed are easily possible with BH-5's if you get the booster and it works out for you aright and everything and you can put in upwards of 3.6v through them.

But like Him said you definitely want a fan blowing over the RAM in that instance

if you have a spare DDR slot and can handle all the wires i say go for it. but i suggest you research some to find other peoples experiances with the DDR booster on your mobo.

k so the problem with bh-5 and my mobo is not enough vdimm?
hmm well im gonna go see if i can get a modded bios (any help with that?) and im gonna go possebly get speed premium

The DDR Booster up's the VDimm. I have the compatibility chart for the booster sitting next to me, of what boards they have tested it with (they being OCZ) and your board is not listed. So that either means that it did not work with your board, or your board came out after I got my booster. If I remember correctly though, the new ASUS boards can supply up to 4v anyway, and the max that the booster can give you is 4 volts, so I think you are good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom