New Build Gone Bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
i just finished on building my new pc, and when i press the on switch it wont turn on, the power led is green, and it just stays green. there are no fans. do you think i mixed up the front panel connector things. AHHHHH, everything is plugged in. well i think everything is plugged in...i just dont know whats wrong.

and is it ok, to use a 24 pin for a 20 pin mobo
should be...theres a lot of people who use a 20pin PSU in a 24pin mobo...it's kind of weird that the power LED would come on though and the rest of the system wouldn't budge at all....

Nubius said:
should be...theres a lot of people who use a 20pin PSU in a 24pin mobo...it's kind of weird that the power LED would come on though and the rest of the system wouldn't budge at all....

not using a 20 pin psu for a 24 pin mobo, the other way around. a 24 pin PSU for a 20 pin mobo, im guessing thats ok. but just to be on the safe side.

I know you're using a 24pin PSU in a 20pin mobo...that's why I said "Should be" in answering your question followed by the ...... and then was just merely pointing out a seperate fact about people using PSU's that don't technically fit in the mobo.

oops. sorry.

i guess there isnt a problem? did i miss something. dah foo i hate this.

MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM

Athlon 64 3200+ venice

crucial ballistix 512x2 pc3200

ati 9800 pro

seagate sata 80gb harddrive

aspire x-infinity w/ 350 or 300 W power supply

aspire 500W power supply

and for some reason i cant remove the side panel the mobo side..? i unscrewed all 4 screws and it wont budge??

EDIT: i looked at the manual on the aspireusa.net website doesnt help me much.

is this your first build?
you might want to try only having the basics plugged in (motherboard, CPU, video card, RAM, PSU) and seeing if it POST's (Power On Self Test, where it checks itself to make sure everything's working)

if that doesn't work, you can try reseating things, or checking over to see if everything is plugged in where it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom