LCD monitors NEed some help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Ok so yea im gettin a new LCD and i wanted to know

I play alot of games so i herd that ms" or the responce time is critical now would a monitor with 12 or 16 ms" be ok? or should i go for the 8ms' one i know the 8 would be better but its really ugly id rather get the 12ms" that matches my set up

just wanna knwo will it be a big dif

Viewsonic VX924. Got one, 4ms response time and it even looks good (but then my tastes debateable). I think response times are getting a bit vague now as different companies are measuring them differently. Mines good though and the quality of the picture is just as important as the response time.

My brother just got a SAMSUNG 915N which he does alot of gaming on and he loves it. I tested it out a bit on his computer out of curiosity and everything look great. No ghosting in doom 3, half life 2, Unreal 2004. Those are the games I tested it with.

The only thing it missing it DVI connection.

If you must have DVI then get a HYUNDAI L90D+ but from what I seen it cost a extra $50 over the Samsung and it pretty much the same panel except it has a DVI option. All tests I seen shows the DVI has no advantage in this price range. You have to go up to the $800 LCD screens before having DVI makes a big difference.

I would save your self $50 and get the samsung unless you want to go up to the over $500 range. If you looking to spend over $500 then you have to do some resarch your self on what a good one is in that range.

SAMSUNG 915N
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001185

HYUNDAI L90D+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824179014

Try to see the monitor you like in action. Too slow a response time and you will see ghosting as the screen struggles to keep up with the action.

Mine has DVI and D-Sub. DVI can give a sharper picture over analogue and gives more control of the screen over to the computer rather than the buttons on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom