lost 25Gb, where is all the space at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
I have a 40 gb hard drive. my computer recognizes it at 36gb which is ok. I only have 10 gb on it now. somehow i lost all of those gb to something. My biggest thing i have on my computer is Steam and Half-life with counter strike and day of defeat. thats about 2 gb right there. My second biggest is Starcraft Brood War, which is only 180 mb. I have no idea where all of those gb went and i would REALLY appreciate all of them back. I have alot of my parents kodak digital camera photos on here, around 200. I dont think that would take up all of that space but who knows? I have defraged it but it gained me about 50mb. Any suggestions? I have windows XP with 256 mb of ram. Thanks

Ummm

36gb
minus 10 used
equals 26 gb free.

you didn't lost it, it's free space?

I don't get your problem?

i dont have 26 gb. It says i have 6.5 gb now that i downloaded gta san andreas. It says i have all 30 gb used up. But there is no way i do. anything i could do to figure out just what is taking up so much room?

hey bro where did you download san andreas at? i got sanandreas but its in russian lol

DO NOT ask for pirated software here. Please read the rules. -Q

I download it from a disk that i bought at walmart. A legit copy. Not saying i havent pirated in the past but i like rockstar games too much.
Thats alot of free space that i need. Could you tell me what i should delete?

Delete the idea that a 40 (36)GB HDD id a workable size for XP and games. You can buy an 80GB for less than the price of 2 games and still keep your 40GB for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom