Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this image should clarify some stuff:

WinFSDataModelImg01.jpg

As you can see, WINFS sits above the File System and handles file system services (and yes, i dont know what the hell im on about).

Does anyone know the importants of September 30th, 2006. I was reading the EULA (I'm not joking) on my Vista revision 4074 CD and it said the software would stop responding then.

Based on that I think it's some what safe to bet the Final Vista Beta (beta 2) or the final product is planned to be released then.

Waynejkruse don't worry I don't know how to interpret that. I think it's the way the system reads or comprehends the file system????

Tyler1989 said:
Does anyone know the importants of September 30th, 2006. I was reading the EULA (I'm not joking) on my Vista revision 4074 CD and it said the software would stop responding then.

Based on that I think it's some what safe to bet the Final Vista Beta (beta 2) or the final product is planned to be released then.

Waynejkruse don't worry I don't know how to interpret that. I think it's the way the system reads or comprehends the file system????

it means somebody put a foot in their mouth.
Apologies will be accepted.

From what I have heard about WinFS, it is essentially a set of components that abstracts file system access through a relational database based on SQL 2005. As you can see in the diagram, a "relational engine" (SQL 2005) sits on top of regular NTFS.

IE7 Beta Breaks Instant Messaging Apps

This happened to me, but I removed MSN messenger and it works fine.

Some Internet Explorer 7 testers who loaded the Beta 1 bits onto their systems have found a nasty surprise BetaNews has learned: their instant messaging software crashes.

Trillian, a popular multi-network IM client, Gaim and IM2 all spit out error messages when loaded alongside IE7, and the only fix is to uninstall Microsoft's new browser.

Sources tell BetaNews the problem ostensibly lies in a DLL file used by the multi-network clients to connect to the MSN Messenger service. IE7 brings a new version of wininet.dll, which causes the crash if users connect to AOL Instant Messenger while also connecting to MSN.

Some Trillian users discovered workarounds to the problem, which often simply involved removing MSN support entirely. Others called for Cerulean Studios -- makers of Trillian -- to correct the issue. But because IE7 is currently in early stages of beta testing, a fix may be a ways off.

"The developers are aware of the issue. There will most likely be no patch for it right now because IE7 is still in BETA testing. If a patch was issued, there is a chance that something else would change that would mess it up again," said one Cerulean employee on the company's support forums.

"When IE7 is released as a final version we will take a look and if it is still causing issues with Trillian, something will definitely be done."

Cerulean is, however, currently testing a fix for customers who submit a problem report about the IE7 issue into the company's support system.

I use Trillian and the forums say
"it's a beta get over, if the problem persists when the final product is released you bet we will patch it"

Or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom