Hardware confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hello,
my pc has 32Mb RAM and 1.99 Gb harddisk space.
I referred to the instructions given in the manual about -'how to upgrade the RAM chip.'
So, i opened up my keyboard section and saw that there was no RAM chip in the chip installing section. It was empty. Now from where is the 32Mb RAM chip then. Or is the empty slot given, is for inserting extra RAM chip?.
Then i looked for the Harddrive hardware. Its written over it- hard drive space 4.30 Gb!. Now in my pc its showing just 1.99 Gb. How can that be possible!. Is the hidden extra space used for some other purposes for the system to operate upon?.
There are also some signs on the case- written over it are words like jumper selection. Three types and six dots in each of them!. I don't know what its for.
Can anyone help me out with this....plz!.

---------------
phantom

Nothing wrong with laptops, well, apart from the fact that your upgrade path is very limited. The problem you have is laptops are not as generic as PCs and not many people will have come across your model.
Last one I had there was a flap underneath to gain access to the memory.
It is often easier (and cheaper) to buy a newer one than try to source memory (some of it is specific to your model) for a very low gain in performance.
I am guessing that it is quite old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom