SQL lanugage

Status
Not open for further replies.

md

Baseband Member
I am trying to learn something about computer
Is SQL worth learning, or there are something better to learn
I want your advise, iam a beginner with computer, i want some advise from you

SQL is a database query language. It's not a programming language. And yeah, it's very useful to learn. It will help you manipulate databases.

I don't think it would be worth learning the minutae of SQL in the near future, since 90% of that stuff is going to be abstracted away from the programmer anyway.

Well, I wouldn't say it isn't a language, I mean Transact SQL is close enough when writing some indepth stored procedures. However, really depends on what you want to do. Just asking "should I learn this" isn't enough info to go on. If you're a REAL novice, how about just sticking to the basics first and learn the hardware and o/s terms and functions first. Then, you might know more about what you want to do.

when you ask, is this worth learning? Go find out what exactly is it that your trying to learn before asking..

if your learning programming, try a programming language..

if your learning Database, Generic SQL language is a good start, then go into the database specifics..

if your ambition only includes scripting, then may be VB is for you..

so find out what you want to do, then find out what you should learn..

just for the record, learning about computer tells us that you want to learn how to use windows.. If you just want to learn about computers, please master the basics before going into sql languages.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom