Company Branding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
Im thinking about buying a computer from Compaq or GateWay, however I want to change some things they have on it.

Is their any way I can remove where it shows manufactured and supported by, how can I remove their branding and company name? Do I have to buy a new chip or what?

Among other people on this forum, I will try to convince you to build your own computer. Custom-built computers will give you your requested flexibility, plus better value, performance and stability.

If you arent techniacally saavy, thats what we are here for. We can give you a list of parts to buy, and you can get your local computer shop to assemble the parts and install Windows on it for you.

But, to answer your actual question, you can remove the OEM label that you speak of, and its not very hard at all. No new chips are required.

its best to just build your own computer based on what you plan to do with it. Its cheaper in the long run because your already getting everything you need plus in the future it can be easily upgraded if you become outdated. Building computers is really not that hard. Biggest thing you gotta do tho is make sure everything you get will all be compatible together which most things are now a days.

Are Compaq still around, thought HP own them now?

A lot of larger manufacturers will ship systems with their own customized versions of windows - when i bought a PC from Evesham it had evesham in the title bar of internet explorer and minor things like that... nothing a new install of windows didn't fix.

In terms of the startup screen my, now very old, compaq has a motherboard manufactured by Compaq and as such displays the words COMPAQ across the screen on startup. This is due to the BIOS being written by compaq and i doubt you could change that. Obviously if the manufacturer does not use their own mobo then you will be fine. My evesham pc came with a Nvidia mobo so no evesham screen, in fact there is no way of telling that my pc was manufactured by them.

In terms of changing components, many places wont be too keen although some will quite hapily do it for you. If for example you are buying a Gateway XYZ then they are unlikely to change the spec because it is then no longer a Gateway XYZ.

If there is something specific you are after it is not normally that much more expensive to get it custom made (or build it yourself) - at least that way you know you have quality components

Ok could anyone help me find all of these parts to build this

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Socket 939
ABIT AN8-V Socket 939 Motherboard
1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200)
80GB SATA 7200rpm Harddrive
DVDROM/CD+-RW
Geforce 6600gt PCI Express graphics card

how do I know where to hook it up like I oped my computer case and things are hooked up to the motherboard the driveres how do I know where to put my computer stuff like that?

can anyone find ALL the parts I need to build a
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Socket 939 on newegg.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom