Trying to connect to Work VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominarr

Beta member
Any machine at my house connects fine to work through VPN but does not receive bytes. I look at the stats and received is 0. So I connect but cannot do anything. Cannot ping a server, use the browser for the intranet anything. I bring one of the machines (laptop) to work connect via an analog line and it works. So somethign at my house is not allowing me to connect properly. I was able to a few weeks back.

Insight did some work a few days ago but claim it has nothing to do with it. I am able to browse, game whatever normally just the VPN thing is an issue. I also noted once I was unable to receive netmeeting calls form people it told them that I was unable to.

I have the co-ax cable going to the modem, the rj-45 going from the modem to a motorola unit for vonage from there to the Linsys Router WAN port. From the router to 3 machines.

Tonight I am going to try to connect the laptop directly to the modem to see if it works. if so then it's either the motorola unit, or the router causing issues.

Note: when you call your isp and they want the mac address of the router (assuming it's the next thing after your modem) I had to give them the mac address of the motorola vonage unit since it is the next thing after the modem. There may be an entry in the router too for that Mac address of the motorola. Not sure if any of that matters just laying it all out on the table.

I believe so but if it is even enabled i'm unsure. SUppose it is on what should I be looking for then?

try typing http://192.168.1.1 into ur browser to bring up the router config

and it could b ur works firewall blocking u too and not ur home stuff. u said it works at work and not at home and assume its home. u should try connecting to work from somewhere not in work and not in ur home. if it works then u kno its ur home and if it doesnt its work.

just for the moment, you could try to set ur nic to have a static ip like say 192.168.1.100, then in router gui, set 192.168.1.100 in ur dmz(demilitarized zone) that leaves you compleatly open and un protected though. then try to connect, if it works, then its router firewall. if not its something else. possibly software firewall? dont forget to remove yourself from the dmz when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom