Install XP From hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
is there a way to install xp compleatly form the hd as i have no cd drives right now (long story...) and i need to reformat.

Well, If you have partitioned HDD. For example "C" where install OS and "D", you may copy Windows .exe files on "D". It seems to me that you need to choose from what folder do you want to install windows. But I can't remember where exactly you should change it. Actually, I'm not sure in it, I couldn't promise that it will work. Just give you the way of thought. Good luck!!!

ok i was thinking i may be able to burn my xp cd with my moms pc and put it on my pc over the network, then i could mount it and have it copy the install files in windows to my 2nd hd then install from there but i dunno =/ if anyone knows for sure please tell me or i could wait till i send my mobo back and do it then...=/

Why don't you want to get CD-Rom from your mom's PC, install Windows and give it back? Or you can create a floppy bootable on your mom's computer.

well i wish i could but see i have cd drives its just when my chipset fan failed, my chipset overheated, and in the process it screwed up one of the ide channels. so now, i have 1 ide channel which my ide hd is on and my sata drive is on the other. i have to send my mobo back anyway cause asus said they woudl send me a new one. thats why i was wondering if i could install from hd is cause i dunno when ill have the money to send it back but i want to reformat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom