Critique please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard great things about eVGA card but never used one. leadtek is supposed to be good as well.

How much are you willing to spend on a video card? The one I posted a link to is a for a budget gaming system, but if you've got a lot you're willing to spend you might go for a 6800 or even 7800.

notquitedead said:
I've heard great things about eVGA card but never used one. leadtek is supposed to be good as well.

How much are you willing to spend on a video card? The one I posted a link to is a for a budget gaming system, but if you've got a lot you're willing to spend you might go for a 6800 or even 7800.

Imo a 7800 would be a bit overkill for a non-gamer

but if you've got a lot you're willing to spend you might go for a 6800 or even 7800.
PLease note that he is not a gamer.
Heres the deal, i would suggest an MSI or DFI board and the 6600GT eVGA. BTW if you have a DVD burner then you dont need a DVD-ROM, the DVD burner doubles as a DVD-ROM, CD R/W, CD-ROM, and of course burns DVDs. So lighten the cash on that and take that DVD-ROM off. Hmm i dont see anything else wrong cept somebody suggesting a 3700+ which is rediculous for a NON GAMER. Your good to go.

did I mention that my budget is 150-200 CAD?
Yeah, sorry about that. I replied with the link to the video card after I read that, but then forgot later and didn't see a price range in the first post so I asked again.

don't go asus i went asus cos they were the first amd 939 pci-e mobo and i wish i had got a dfi abit gigabyte or just about anything else. there are problems with 1t memory timings bios gliches and hell by defalt it was pumping max vcore into my ram and cpu and breaching the warrenties on both

Then what board do you suggest?
A google review search gave me positive reviews about the board but I will now check again.

Google results usualy tend to give you positive results. Like i said before i suggest either a DFI Lanparty or an MSI. I know your not OCing but its better to have the quality sitting there and know that its going to work.

There are two sockets on my mobo marked CHA1_FAN and CHA2_FAN.
Can anyone tell me what they are?
there is one plug from the psu that can fit into either one.
the mobo is Asus A8N-E.
Terrible instructions on everything. Not written for the first time builder.

With Asus, any fan connectors prefixed by 'CHA' are chassis fans. I imagine they're identical and are.. (if Asus have been sensible) situated at opposite sides of the mobo to make cable management a little easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom