How to buckup HDD onto CD, DVD or Spare HDD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rules

Baseband Member
Hi i was wondering after installing windows and all my programs i was wondering if there is any software enabaling me to backup my HDD onto either CD or preferably DVD or another HDD that i could use as an image so that in the case of system failure i dont have to install everything again just put the image from CD or DVD or HDD onto HDD also so i dont have to re-activate windows again which is WinXP Media Center Edition 2005

Thanks for any replie given :D

You know, there is a large amount of imaging software. A year ago I was searching and compare many of them, for several days, and stopped at Acronis True Image. I think it's the easiest and most convenient backup software. I just create an exact image of the whole HDD, save it on "D" drive and another copy on DVD, also you could make a bootable CD. It takes reasonable amount of space due to highest level compression. Whenever I want, I could easily restore image, it takes me about 10min. And you needn't re-activate or reinstall windows, as image contains all apps and data!

Hi, AMD_Rules. I have no credence to freeware software, as they couldn't give any guarantee. But Acronis has free download trial edition for 15 days, which you could test before. I almost sure that you'll want to continue use this soft. ;)

yea i got ghost a trial but dont know how to use it i need software that will just make a bootable DVD containing my Hard drive on it is it illegal for me to activate my windows again if my machine fails and i have to re-install it ?

sorry if i am asking silly questions but the way i see it you dont kno summit till you been told

This isn't really the type of software you want to find a freeware version of.

If you can't afford software, manually backup or use some freeware backup software to backup all your data and settings onto CD/DVD.

If you want to make an image/clone you can rely on, pay the $ for the software.

Just my opinion

No, it is not illegal you activate windows again. I believe that you can activate 3 times beofre you get the message that you've activated the maximum number of times. Even then, all you have to do is call MS and you can activate it an unlimited number of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom