case for a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would someone need a full tower case for building a gaming rig? would not a mid-tower work just as good for cheaper?

j4ckaL said:
Why would someone need a full tower case for building a gaming rig? would not a mid-tower work just as good for cheaper?

Modding, works space, cooling, etc.

In a full tower, you have more room for say water cooling, or maybe a phasechange cooling setup. You can fit more fans and there is more space to put extra fans if you want. And it's generally just easier to move stuff around in.

I wish i woulda gotten a full-tower. I can't remove my mobo without first removing my PSU and HDD. It's way to cramped and has caused some damage to certain PC parts:(

Exactly. I don't know of anyone who was able to fit a double heatercore into a midsize tower. I'm sure it's been done before, but it can't be that common. I can't even begin to imagine how much trouble I would've gone through if I had a midsize tower. I couldn't be more satisfied with my fullsize temjin 6.

I could suggest my case, though I don't know too many people that have it. It is a damn good case though. Some things just don't make sense with how they laid it out (PSU is at top, very far from mobo). It does look damn good as well, not this obnoxious garbage and designs that are found on these other cases. It's also very sturdy, not this plastic garbage. It has a unique wind tunnel to section off the system into cooling sections.
11-163-039-03.JPG

Do you know if the strap is removeable?

Yes, it is removable. It uses velcro fasteners, and it intended for lugging the case to LAN parties.

Are the cheaper cooler master cases any good (i.e. the ~$50 centurion on newegg)?

I've read good things about the Centurion cases. I just seem partial to Antec and ThermalTake.

I got a thermaltake soprano.. It.. is.. sexy.. Easier to put together than the reviews on newegg give it credit for.

Also.. mucho props to trotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom